March 2017 Parking and Traffic Proposals
Part One – Jewell Academy, Wimborne Rd, Twynham Rd & Belle Vue Rd, Bourne Ave & Braidley Rd Amendments
Part Two – Borough wide Car & Motorcycle Bays
Please find attached the schedule of proposed parking restrictions which will be published on Friday 24th March 2017.
· Jewell Academy – New pedestrian crossing on Ibbertson Rd. Amending the restrictions in the service road outside the Townsend Primary School.
· Wimborne Rd – New cycle lanes which have relocated the on-street parking.
· Twynham Rd & Belle Vue Rd – New shared cycle & pedestrian crossing on Belle Vue Rd
· Bourne Ave & Braidley Rd Amendments – Slight amendments to the proposed restrictions for the November 2016 Braidley Road, Bourne Avenue, Avenue Road Improvement Scheme
· Car & Motorcycle Bays (borough wide) – adjust the Traffic Regulation Order to match the existing restrictions on the highway.
· Residential Disabled Bays in Acres Rd, Bishop Rd, Shelbourne Rd and Spring Rd
A copy of the schedule and plans can be accessed on the council website at the following location; www.bournemouth.gov.uk/ highwayconsultations
Pedestrian Crossing Announcements
Notice of change of crossing type from pedestrian only (Zebra) to shared pedestrian & cycle crossing (Parallel).
· Belle Vue Rd – Adjacent to No.179 Belle Vue Road (near the closed sections of Twynham Rd).
Notice of the installation of a new pedestrian crossing (Zebra)
· Ibbertson Rd – Near its junction with Throop Rd.
Please e-mail any formal comments regarding the above to email@example.com by Friday 14th April 2017 (please note any formal comments will be available for public inspection).